Siesta Key Condos - Gulf and Bay Club Bayside Condo
Siesta Key, Sarasota, Florida
Birding in the Siesta Key / Sarasota Area
The Siesta Key / Sarasota area is a birder's paradise. Most birds are present throughout the year with a peak time during the spring and fall migrations. Winter means good birding because the population swells with the winter visitors. Florida's indigenous species are here in the summer along with those birds that come to nest in Florida during the summer.
Florida has been blessed with large diversity of birds in the nation - more than 480 species with about half which can be found on Florida's Gulf Coast. The Siesta Key / Sarasota area is nationally recognized as one of the top birding areas in the nation.
Birding is one of America's fastest growing outdoors sports. There is no better place to start birding than the Siesta Key / Sarasota area.
There are numerous top birding sites in the region. A brief listing of some of the more popular birding sites are:
- Sarasota Keys - Quick Point Nature Preserve located at the south end of Longboat Key
- Celery Fields - A former flood-control area located at Fruitville Road and I-75
- Myakka River State Park - Two lakes and river that flows between them makes this an idea location to view waterbirds
- Venice Rookery - On U.S. 41 just north of Jacaranda Boulevard is a small island in the middle of a lake
- Crowley Museum and Nature Center - A 2,000 foot boardwalk cuts through the heart of a mixed-hardwood swamp
For more birding information see the Sarasota Audubon Society web site.
Experience life in paradise!®
Siesta Key Condos
1200 Siesta Bayside Drive - Unit 1200
Siesta Key, Sarasota, Florida 34242
Gary A. Matty
Home Page | Rates & Availability | Amenities | Unit Pictures (2) (3) | Pictures (2) (3)
Aerial Pictures (2) | Directions | Floor Plan | Renters' Comments | Specials | Attractions
Birding | Community | Dining & Nightlife | Golf | Map | Shopping | Things To Do | Weather
Florida Resources (2) | US Resources (2) | Other Resources (2) | Contact Us
Copyright © 2004-2017 Siesta Key Condos. All rights reserved. Legal Notices.
Experience life in paradise is a service mark of Siesta Key Condos.